YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday 25 September 2012

MFW SS2013

In regards to Milan I'm more inclined to go into raptures about their architecture, tanned men and Roman Holiday rather than their fashion. My fashion week highlights are always centred around Paris and the glorious LDN however designers like Moschino, Prada and D&G have completely entranced me with their last two collections and so the septic of Italian fashion began her research...
Although I do think some of the shows were verging on tacky (DSquared I'm looking at you) I really enjoyed some of the collections especially the traditional Sicilian influence seen at D&G.  Umbrella strips and kitschy scarves that are so wearable for Summer, some may argue that it's a little predictable for Dolce and Gabbana but then some could argue that it had enough stunning stand out pieces to keep it fresh such as the basket weave dress.
On the other end of the spectrum, Prada's show couldn't have been more different. Embracing florals and Japonisme for a Geisha like collection moving from dark to light. I think those embellished Getas may be my favourite accessory showcased, WANT!
 "Dream is forbidden, nostalgia is forbidden, to be too sweet is not good. Everything we used to feel historically, now you can't enjoy. The clothes are the expression of this impossible dream." - Miuccia Prada

Here are my favourite moments from MFW!




Prada




Moschino


Francesco Scognamiglio VerĂ£o



Roberto Cavalli




Dolce and Gabbana


Jil Sander


Alberta Ferretti

Some great Street Style too!






Key Trends
The Modern Stripe
Florals
Statement Sunglasses
Head to Toe White

Thanks for reading, are we all excited about PFW?














No comments:

Post a Comment