YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday 19 August 2012

A/W '12 Trend Guide Part 1- Ain't Nothin' but a Goth Thing!

I have been counting down the days til we could put the big ol mess that was Spring Summer fashion behind us and start shopping for my favourite season Autumn (if I had to look at one more Aztec print neon crop top I was going to hurl myself off a bridge.) I couldn't help but think that the range plans on the high street for S/S was more geared to a younger shoppers and I felt like a teeny bopper ever time I walked through New Look. Thankfully A/W is looking far more chic, in a darkly glamorous way judging by the catwalk. 


Gucci

Versace 

McQ by Alexander McQueen

Jean Paul Gaultier

You might as well start throwing all your neon, pastel and wildly printed items into the back of the wardrobe because it doesn't look like they'll be seeing the light of day anytime soon unless it's to be thrown into a bucket of black dye. Black doesn't have to be boring though as these texture rich collections prove, lace, leather, brocade and velvet, I just want to start touching it all! Accessories wise, we're looking at crucifixes, skulls and rubies, leather gloves and lace up boots (don't forget your cloud of bats!). Finishing off the look with center parted hair, dramatic dark lips and flawless pale skin, get your goth on!

Get Inspired!

 Wednesday Addams by burntfeather


Siouxsie Sioux


Dita Von Teese


Gothness Gracious by Bebe Zeva via Lookbook


 Lydia Deetz from Beetlejuice


The Olsen Twins

AND NOT

My Looks
This is how I'll be styling the goth trend this Autumn/Winter, plenty of collars, platforms, leather, lace, printed tights and red lipstick. For details of all these looks including where to buy each item check out my polyvore 


1


2



3


4



Thanks for reading!
Will you be embracing the goth trend this season?

No comments:

Post a Comment